For any result, the actions we take, and the level of planning and thought are often determined by the complexity of the result we need.
- Sometimes it's a quick action item, such as "Send an email to Bob". No planning is required, just do it.
- Other results may require more thought or coordination. Perhaps it's a project, or at least something that requires an action plan.
Whichever case you are dealing with, here is how we can help.
When all you need is to track one to-do or task you can...
- Ignore the detail page altogether if it's on your action plan
- Keep notes in the comment thread/activity feed
- Link documents from your computer or Google Drive
- Add an event to your calendar
When you need to get some help or team up
- Make an assignment
- Allow someone to view or modify the result
- Think through a quick and easy action plan
When you need to do more detailed planning
- Convert the result to a project (unless it's a key result)
- Use the board view for a visual planning tool that makes organization and brainstorming a breeze.
- Use a Gantt chart to visualize time constraints, dependencies and other detailed aspects
- Use timeline views to plan by week by week or month by month
While you are managing others
- Monitor updates on the activity tab
- See an update/progress report
- Change how this fits in your big picture - what key result or objective does it support?